In the Fight Against Antimicrobial Resistance, Sepsis, and its Underlying Causes
Health sector organizations must ensure better, more culturally competent, and more accessible healthcare for all people.
The Goal: To bring together a multidisciplinary group of health sector stakeholders, including medical technology, diagnostics, and pharmaceutical companies; health systems and those providing direct care; patient advocacy and public health education organizations, and more. Together, this group will commit to take action, remain accountable, and contribute tangible solutions to health inequities in the areas of AMR, sepsis, and its underlying causes.
The Commitment: Each signatory commits to at least one equity-related action and agrees to submit an annual progress report. With permission, Sepsis Alliance shares new commitments and progress updates with its community to shed light on the great work being done, to further energize the health sector, and to encourage more action.
Overall, signatories commit to:
- Help reduce health disparities, such as racial and ethnic disparities, as they relate to antimicrobial resistance (AMR), sepsis, or its underlying causes;
- Help mitigate the impacts of AMR, sepsis, or its underlying causes on disproportionately affected communities by making actionable and sustainable changes in the area(s) most applicable to its work;
- Acknowledge its shared responsibility, as part of the larger health sector, for helping to improve healthcare for all people.
Sepsis Alliance gratefully acknowledges support from Pfizer for the creation of this pledge.
In order to be considered a pledge partner and to remain so, signatories will be expected to:
- Fill out the preliminary form below, pledging your commitment to fostering DEI;
- Reply to the follow-up email that will come from Sepsis Alliance (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the next few business days, providing us with further information about how you will be enacting the pledge (Sepsis Alliance will not share this information without prior approval);
- Follow up with Sepsis Alliance to report on equity progress (Sepsis Alliance will not share this information without prior approval).