Hosting an event in your community gives you the opportunity to share your passion for sepsis awareness and mobilize your family and friends to get involved with you.
There are many types of events you can host and you should choose one that you are comfortable with. Need some inspiration? Here are just a few ideas to get your creativity flowing:
- Salutations for Sepsis yoga class followed by a sepsis information reception.
- Sips for Sepsis wine tasting or dinner party. Learn more about hosting a Sips for Sepsis here.
- Community 5K run or walk.
- Strike Out Sepsis bowling (or softball) event.
If you aren’t ready to host your own event, you can also get involved as a Sepsis Challenger and participate in an existing local event while raising sepsis awareness. Choose your activity, set up a fundraising page, and start training. Then recruit teammates and supporters to join you in helping to raise sepsis awareness.
- Choose your event. You can participate in any existing event in your community – a 5k, marathon, tournament, etc.
- Set up your fundraising page. Personalize your page to tell readers why you are raising sepsis awareness and funds for Sepsis Alliance. Let them know what activity or event you are participating in and invite them to join you.
- Start training and have fun!
Pro tip: Download our fundraising tips infographic to help you get started!
Online Fundraising Campaign
If you would simply like to fundraise without participating in an event, you can time your fundraising with a significant date, like your birthday, a loved one’s birthday, or even Sepsis Awareness Month. Set up your campaign page and personalize the story. Then, use social media and email to blast out your page and share your story while asking for donations. Get started now!
Need help? Contact us at email@example.com.