Sepsis Alliance is a proud co-founder of the Global Sepsis Alliance, which presently represents more than 1,000,000 caregivers in more than 70 countries.
The Global Sepsis Alliance is a global entity led by a collaboration of the Sepsis Alliance, the International Sepsis Forum, the World Federation of Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care Societies and the World Federation of Societies of Intensive and Critical Care Medicine in an effort to elevate public, philanthropic and governmental awareness; to promote understanding and support of sepsis; and to accelerate collaboration among researchers, clinicians, associated working groups and those dedicated to supporting those groups. Specifically, the mission of the Global Sepsis Alliance (GSA) is to provide opportunities supportive of global interaction and defined output such that the Global Community might:.
- Address with equal commitment and vigor, the needs of both adults and children in the developed and developing world
- “Speak in One Voice” offering consistent, easily understood messaging to governments, philanthropies and the public
- Be empowered to easily identify and access resources and people of common purpose and intent within and without the scientific community
- Be supported in the process of developing proposals for experiments, trials, projects and programs in support of researchers, caregivers and the public
- Secure funding to implement such efforts
The first meeting of the Membership Congress was concurrent with the Merinoff Symposium, which was held in New York on September of 2010.