Sepsis Awareness Month 2018
Help us spread sepsis awareness!
We want everyone in your community to know the signs and symptoms of sepsis, so no one has to unnecessarily suffer from this life-threatening condition. Together we can make this happen. We have prepared a toolkit with everything you need to raise sepsis awareness among your patients. Review the tools below and let’s start spreading awareness!
Sepsis is the body’s overwhelming response to infection, which can lead to tissue damage, organ failure, amputations, and death. More than 1.7 million people in the U.S. are diagnosed with sepsis each year – one every 20 seconds. In the United States, 270,000 people die of sepsis each year – more than from prostate cancer, breast cancer and AIDS combined. Despite its prevalence, less than 1% of Americans can correctly identify the most common symptoms of sepsis.
What are the signs and symptoms of sepsis? Our TIME acronym will help you remember.
Continue reading to learn how you can join us in raising awareness.
If you would like to download the entire toolkit, please click here.
Help spread the word: Social Media, Infographics, Flyers
To See More Click Here
Facebook & Twitter Cover Photos
Social Media Flyers
Social Media Messages
- Did you know that 1.7 mil+ Americans are diagnosed with sepsis each year? That’s 1 person every 20 seconds. This #SepsisAwarenessMonth take the time to know the signs. You could save a life. To learn how you can help visit sepsis.org. #SAM
- Did you know that 270,000 people die from sepsis in the U.S. every year? That’s 1 person every 2 minutes! This #SepsisAwarenessMonth take the time to know the signs at sepsis.org. You could save a life. #SAM
- In the U.S., sepsis takes 270,000 lives each year. As many as 80% of sepsis deaths could be prevented with rapid diagnosis and treatment. Time matters. So, this #SepsisAwarenessMonth take the time to know the signs at sepsis.org. You could save a life. Tag a friend or share this post to help raise awareness. #SAM
Host an Event: Everything you need to host your own event
– Click here to get started!
Patient Toolkit: Get all the information and tools your constituents need to be sepsis smart
To Review, Click Here
- Prevent Sepsis – Click to download
- Sepsis 101 – Click to download
- Life After Sepsis – Click to download
- How to talk to your doctor – Click to download
Nurses Know Sepsis:
To access sepsis resources just for nurse, please click here
Public Service Announcements:
Share the stories of sepsis survivors and their loved ones with your constituents – click here to watch, listen and share
Sepsis Information Guides: 50 invaluable sepsis guides.
To Learn More Click Here
Sepsis Awareness Month FAQ: You have a question?
Click here for the answer!