Freelance Social Media Specialist
About Sepsis Alliance
Sepsis Alliance is the nation’s first and leading sepsis organization, working in all 50 states to save lives and reduce suffering by raising awareness of sepsis as a medical emergency. Sepsis Alliance gives a voice to the millions of people who have been touched by sepsis – to the survivors, and the friends and family members of those who have survived or who have died.
Sepsis Alliance is looking for a creative, experienced Freelance Social Media Specialist with a proven record of building, managing and expanding social media channels.
The Freelance Social Media Specialist will be asked to work closely with the Communications Manager to improve the organization’s social media reach and influence. On a project basis, they will be asked to assist the Communications Manager in developing communication materials such as press releases, blogs, and articles, etc.
- Creative, outside the box thinker with an eye for design
- Responsible, motivated, professional
- Genuine interest in public health
- Effective communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience in social media marketing and content creation
- Excellent writer
- Proven record of accomplishing tasks and goals
- Ability to prioritize and multitask multiple projects at once
- Proficient in social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Ability to produce compelling social media copy/content
- Experience with Hootsuite preferred
- Experience writing press releases, articles, and developing written content
- Working knowledge of adobe creative suite preferred, but not necessary
- Experience creating/editing videos preferred, but not necessary
Project terms and deliverable include:
- Provide weekly status reports on the following deliverables.
- Develop and assist to implement an annual strategic plan to grow Sepsis Alliance’s audience and influence across social media channels.
- On a weekly to monthly basis, develop dynamic social media content. This includes, but is not limited to, writing social media copy, developing social media infographics, and videos.
- On a weekly basis, assist in managing social media channels. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling and publishing daily content, responding to social media comments and messages.
- On a monthly basis, track and report press coverage, email marketing, and social media metrics.
- On a project basis, implements communications initiatives/campaigns.
- On a project basis, drafts press releases and media pitches.
- On a project basis, assist in website development. This includes, but is not limited to, optimizing website SEO, and drafting website content such as, articles, interviews, landing pages, etc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Compensation: This is an independent contractor position. Compensation is hourly and commensurate with experience.
Schedule & Location: This position is remote with an expected 15 to 20 hours a week.
Sepsis Alliance is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Compensation: competitive based on experience
Please email cover letter, portfolio, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Freelance Social Media Specialist”. No phone calls, please.