The Sepsis Institute – eLearning Specialist
Sepsis Alliance, the nation’s leading sepsis education and advocacy organization, is looking for an outstanding individual to join our team as the eLearning Specialist. This person will provide support to maintain the learning management system (LMS) and develop content for The Sepsis Institute. The specialist will help with project management, operations, and implementation of eLearning education and training programs that meet the learning needs of healthcare providers across the continuum of care. The specialist will work with the other staff and volunteers to support the creation and delivery of various forms of education through technology and electronic resources. We are looking for a creative and dedicated professional to join our team to help take our work to the next level. Working together with a passionate team of professionals and volunteers, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of millions of people. This position reports directly to The Sepsis Institute Education Director.
- Working with Sepsis Alliance staff and LMS vendor, manage the implementation process for new Learning Management System.
- Support LMS, including troubleshooting and fixing basic user issues.
- Communicate with LMS vendor to ensure system access and technical standards are met.
- Manage LMS system upgrades and enhancements to improve the user experience.
- Test all changes to the LMS and launch of e-Learning modules to ensure accurate content delivery.
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve problems with course design, LMS configuration and infrastructure.
- Maintain records for webinars and training modules including: continuing education documentation, participant data, partner and sponsorship deliverables.
- Provide analytics and reports on education outcomes, Institute traffic and other key metrics.
- Assist to develop and implement education programs.
- Work with subject matter experts and/or content developers as needed.
- Support team members on program research, production, website integration, sponsorships, grant reports and promotion/publicity.
- Experience with LMS.
- Strong familiarity with recognized E-learning concepts and development tools.
- Instructional design experience preferred.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Database experience– Salesforce preferred.
- Experience in interprofessional continuing education is a plus.
- Education, experience, or interest in not for profit management, education, and/or healthcare are a plus.
- Interest in learning new skills and suggesting new projects and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 1-3 years of LMS experience.
Location: San Diego, CA (preferred) or remote position
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Sepsis Alliance is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Compensation: competitive based on experience.
TO APPLY: Compensation is competitive and based on experience. Please email cover letter and resume, to Institute@sepsis.org. No faxes or phone calls, please.