Digital Media Intern
Sepsis Alliance is seeking creative and responsible undergraduate students with an interest in public health and a love of writing to fill the Digital Media Volunteer Intern position. The selected interns will receive hands-on experience implementing national digital communication campaigns, as well as the day-to-day responsibilities of content development.
This position can be performed remotely. However, at least one weekly in-person meeting with the intern supervisor is preferred.
About Sepsis Alliance: Sepsis Alliance is the leading sepsis organization in the U.S., working in all 50 states to save lives and reduce suffering by raising awareness of sepsis as a medical emergency. Learn more here.
Sepsis is the body’s life-threatening response to an infection. In the United States, 1.7 million people are diagnosed with sepsis and 270,000 die of sepsis each year. Every day, there are an average of 38 amputations in the U.S. as a result of this condition.
- Enrolled and in good standing at an accredited university
- Able to commit to the position for eight hours per week for a minimum of 3 months.
- Knowledge of social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Strong attention to detail and writing skills
Preferred skills and experience:
- Interest in public health
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Creative and innovative
Description of Responsibilities
The selected interns will:
- Write articles and blogs on assigned public health issues pertaining to sepsis. This may require research.
- Craft engaging and informative social media copy.
- Foster our social media community by responding to comments, mentions, tweets and messages.
- Assist in drafting and proofing press releases.
- Track and report media mentions and social media engagement.
- Other tasks as assigned.
To apply for the Digital Media Intern position, please email your resume and a writing sample to Angelica Estrada at email@example.com. The writing sample can be a blog, article, or academic paper. Applications are accepted year-round.
The Digital Media Intern is an unpaid volunteer position.
Sepsis Alliance is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.